Join Seattle’s health innovators community for a one day Design Sprint focused on designing solutions to improve patient outcomes. As a participant you will work with a design team to improve patient’s lives and you will learn the foundational skills on how to design things people want.
For this Sprint, we are partnering with some of the region’s leading employers, payers and providers to identify patient problems worth solving and to get access to patients for interviewing, brainstorming and concept design and validation.
Design Sprints combine design thinking and agile product development methodologies to enable teams to create validated solutions fast. The concept was pioneered at Google Ventures and is currently being adopted by corporate innovation teams and startups around the world.
The group will be divided into 3 to 4 design teams who will be led by expert facilitators and supported by a design challenge sponsor, patients and/or customers, and resources to develop a prototype or mockup depending on what your team comes up with!
As a participant you’ll have an opportunity to choose what team and design challenge you’d like to focus on for the day.
Design Sprint Process:
• Immerse – What are the patient’s needs, behaviors and environmental context?
• Frame – What is the problem that needs to be solved?
• Imagine – How might we solve this problem?
• Prototype – What can we create to quickly and cheaply test our riskiest assumptions?
• Test – How might we learn fast, iterate and create a validated solution?
• Pitch – Did we design something of value that potentially has life after the Design Sprint?
Following the event, teams will present their solution and learnings to the broader group and the design challenge sponsors.
If you register please show up so we can have an accurate head count and plan on participating for the entire event (9am - 5pm).